Mingle2 - Beware this "free" site I even "paid" for but still got burned
This was my first step back into online dating after a long time, and I WISH I could take a step back.Not only did it become apparent that this is a cesspool of scammers, both male and female, with obvious and annoying fake profiles, but whoever is running this sham operation may even be behind it.
Certainly they're doing nothing to stop it. They do have "advice" to beware the scammers and encourage to report them, but when you do, nothing happens to them, and if you report enough, somehow YOU get locked out for suspected abuse. The "locked out" page we all see says "if there's an error, your account will be reinstated shortly." Again, nothing happens and there's no way to contact them. There's also no way to cancel the auto-renew on my credit card!
No email or message or phone number or address has been supplied to me, a paying customer and apparently to no one else either. What exactly happened before my account became locked was: I was browsing these fake profiles, if for no other reason than to be amused at how bad the english is or incongruous the info is, but also to report them. I told one I was going to report "her" and bam, my account was locked down.
For that to happen so quickly, without explanation and apparently permanently, suggests to me that they're all working together.And with users all over the world, when this busts open, it will be big.
More Review Details
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being locked out
- Fake pictures and member profiles
- Most members are scammers
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund and written guarantee that CC will not be charged again come auto-renew date.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Mingle2 Dating Site
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Hi my user name on mingle2 is mmontoya112 my account has been locked down I don't understand why I'm just a single parent trying to find a..."
- "I have been in the investment business for 20 years. I have followed the fraud in the for-profit education industry for 15 years. My new book, "Online Education..."
- "Received regular postal mail today, 08/14/2013. Letter dated: August 10, 2013. Return address for this mailing: AT&T Autopay Program ..."
- "My daughter saved for months and bought a Lane red leather recliner, she is disabled and lives on very little (chair costs $565). Just over one year the leather..."
- "I am not sure why people are so divided about these reviews. This is an actual business that takes orders and then has designers make and ship them. We have..."
- "Don't buy from this place its a joke, I rather go buy from a swap meet they have better quality. I bought (supposeably real leather) sofa and loveseat spent 3500..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."
- "I have so far NOT rec'd 5 items. They wont refund, cause it shows it made it to my town 1 item didnt fit description 1 item is broken I..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."