Mingle2 - Beware this "free" site I even "paid" for but still got burned

49 of 109 Mingle2 reviews

This was my first step back into online dating after a long time, and I WISH I could take a step back.Not only did it become apparent that this is a cesspool of scammers, both male and female, with obvious and annoying fake profiles, but whoever is running this sham operation may even be behind it.

Certainly they're doing nothing to stop it. They do have "advice" to beware the scammers and encourage to report them, but when you do, nothing happens to them, and if you report enough, somehow YOU get locked out for suspected abuse. The "locked out" page we all see says "if there's an error, your account will be reinstated shortly." Again, nothing happens and there's no way to contact them. There's also no way to cancel the auto-renew on my credit card!

No email or message or phone number or address has been supplied to me, a paying customer and apparently to no one else either. What exactly happened before my account became locked was: I was browsing these fake profiles, if for no other reason than to be amused at how bad the english is or incongruous the info is, but also to report them. I told one I was going to report "her" and bam, my account was locked down.

For that to happen so quickly, without explanation and apparently permanently, suggests to me that they're all working together.And with users all over the world, when this busts open, it will be big.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Being locked out
    • Fake pictures and member profiles
    • Most members are scammers

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Full refund and written guarantee that CC will not be charged again come auto-renew date.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Mingle2 Dating Site
Review category
Media
review #706905 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Mingle2? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
49 of 109 Mingle2 reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Mingle2. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Mingle2.
Filing a new complaint about
×