Mingle2 - Beware this "free" site I even "paid" for but still got burned
This was my first step back into online dating after a long time, and I WISH I could take a step back.Not only did it become apparent that this is a cesspool of scammers, both male and female, with obvious and annoying fake profiles, but whoever is running this sham operation may even be behind it.
Certainly they're doing nothing to stop it. They do have "advice" to beware the scammers and encourage to report them, but when you do, nothing happens to them, and if you report enough, somehow YOU get locked out for suspected abuse. The "locked out" page we all see says "if there's an error, your account will be reinstated shortly." Again, nothing happens and there's no way to contact them. There's also no way to cancel the auto-renew on my credit card!
No email or message or phone number or address has been supplied to me, a paying customer and apparently to no one else either. What exactly happened before my account became locked was: I was browsing these fake profiles, if for no other reason than to be amused at how bad the english is or incongruous the info is, but also to report them. I told one I was going to report "her" and bam, my account was locked down.
For that to happen so quickly, without explanation and apparently permanently, suggests to me that they're all working together.And with users all over the world, when this busts open, it will be big.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Privacy and Data Security|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being locked out
- Fake pictures and member profiles
- Most members are scammers
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund and written guarantee that CC will not be charged again come auto-renew date.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Mingle2 Dating Site
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " Would not recommend. Sets you for an auto-renewal which I didn't know and caused my bank to overdraft. (Of course, no refund permitted) It can also get creepy. I'm..."
- "I have attached a photo, showing the females contacting me randomly. I signed up and made a fake profile EASILY. I got like 3 messages from females the second I joined. Usually..."
- "Hi my user name on mingle2 is mmontoya112 my account has been locked down I don't understand why I'm just a single parent trying to find a..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "I went to sunoco on sheridan dr and military rd as usually do 2 minutes from my house ,to get breakfast coffe etc i had my 2 yr old with..."
- "My daughter saved for months and bought a Lane red leather recliner, she is disabled and lives on very little (chair costs $565). Just over one year the leather..."
- "After making an online purchase with a credit card, Two days after, my credit card account showed 2 extra charges that I did not make. Important to know that these..."
- "I ordered a rug and rug pad. They were shipped separately, and I never received rug pad. Rug has rust colored splotches all over it, like someone was eating baked..."